This Privacy Statement describes how our company collects, uses, stores, protects, discloses and shares your personal information or data when you use our Services online through our website, and through our mobile app, as well as your choices about the way your information is collected and used. Personal information means all information or data relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
When you use our services, contact us, access our websites or applications (collectively, the “Services”), we collect personal information about you and may use it along with other information collected or generated during our relationship with you. We collect different types of personal information relating to you, which may include:
- Contact information, for example your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and date of birth, gender, citizenship, and government or national identification numbers;
- Transaction information, including your money transfers, bill payments, and other transactions;
- Business related information that helps us provide our Services to you, such as how you use of our Services, bank information, employer information and permissions to contact or marketing choices;
- Technical information, including the host from which you access the Internet, your IP address or device advertising ID, geolocation if enabled, information about your device (such as device properties, settings, applications, storage and usage information, mobile application, browser and operating system software, social profile and network information, the date and time you access our websites and the address of the site from which you linked to our website when you visit us.
- Compliance information, including fraud prevention, identity verification, and sanction checks.
To conduct a money transfer, or use other payment services, you must provide certain information required by our Regulator to execute the transfer and to enable us to comply with our legal obligations associated with transferring money. Failure to provide some of your personal information may affect our ability to provide our Services to you. This may include information about the form of identification used to send or receive a transaction including the identification or a copy of the identification document, transaction activity, bank account and payment information.
We endeavor to use organizational, technical and administrative safeguards that comply with applicable government laws and regulations to secure your personal information. We also endeavor to restrict information access to our employees, Agents and representatives that need to know it. Despite our efforts, and as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions sent to us or may wrongly instruct you to disclose personal information to them while posing as CBI Mobile (Bah) Ltd.
Please contact us immediately, if you have reason to believe your personal information held by CBI Mobile (Bah) Ltd. may be at risk.
CBI Mobile (Bah) Ltd. utilizes the personal information it collects for the following commercial purposes:
- Performing the Services: To assist us in providing Services to you and help you to receive a personalized experience and assist you in carrying out transactions and accessing account information.;
- Authentication: To recognize you and allow you to remain signed-in during your visit without having to re-enter your password;
- Analytics: To perform analytics on understanding our customers, improving their experience;
- Web Traffic Analysis: To determine whether you came to CBI Mobile (Bah0 Ltd. from a banner ad or an Affiliate;
- Advertising: To deliver information specific to your interests on related websites and applications;
- Analysis of Promotions: To better understand the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and whether you acted on our promotional messages;
- Fraud Prevention: To promote safety, reduce financial risk and combat fraud across our Services.
CBI Mobile (Bah) Ltd. will also, subject to your preferences, notify you of offers, promotions and updates regarding our products and Services. These may include offers by email, telephone, SMS, our mobile app, social media and other communication or digital channels.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the instructions in the relevant electronic communication or by contacting us via our customer care email.
Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related communications from us, we may still send you important service, administrative or transaction-related communications
For any of the purposes listed in this Statement, CBI Mobile (Bah) Ltd. may disclose applicable personal information including, but not limited to, your name, contact information, national identification number, customer ID number, address, transaction patterns and bank account information to the following types of organizations or parties:
- CBI Mobile (Bah) Ltd. group companies and affiliates;
- Our Agents or business partners who facilitate the funds transfer or redemption transaction or specific service you have requested;
- Vendors, payments processors, banking partners and data processors contracted to provide business and customer services;
- Customer services, based on your consent where applicable, including marketing, advertising and customer satisfaction and market research on our behalf;
- Vendors and data processors contracted to help us validate the accuracy of the information provided by you, and to authenticate your identity and manage risks related to security, fraud and identity.
- Third parties that you have authorized to access your account and/or your account information in order to perform Services for you, such as account information service providers and payment initiation service providers.
We may transmit personal information we possess in connection with a sale or transfer of all or part of our business. We may also disclose your personal information globally, as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, to regulatory and financial authorities, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement bodies, courts, governments or government agencies, to meet compliance and legal obligations or to assert or defend the rights and interests of CBI Mobile (Bah) Ltd. or others.
Your personal information will be retained in accordance with statutory periods contained in regulations applicable to financial transactions including those in anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and other laws applicable to us. Otherwise, we will retain your information only if necessary for the specific purposes it was collected, or to resolve any query you may raise. We will typically keep your information for no longer than the purpose(s) for which it was obtained, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it for a longer period or retention is advisable for CBI Mobile (Bah) Ltd. legal position (for example, regarding applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).